Careers at The Debt Advisor
Careers with Manchester based ‘The Debt Advisor’
November 3rd 2022: Insolvency Administrator – Supervisory – IVA Team
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person who can bring a compassionate and professional attitude to join our growing IVA team. You will have your own caseload of IVA cases including both consumer and complex trader cases. Experience of Pre-appointment work would be helpful as well, especially in terms of understanding the due diligence that is needed at the Nominee stage for both consumer and self employed IVA’s. Reporting to the IVA Manager. As an IVA administrator you will be expected to keep up to date with legislation changes affecting personal insolvency, attend training courses applicable to the role, as and when the need arises.
- Ensure debtors comply fully with the terms of their IVAs.
- Produce annual reports and documentation as required in a timely manner.
- Conduct six-month reviews of all cases in a timely manner.
- Liaise with customers on compliance with the terms of their IVA, and deal promptly and sympathetically with any breaches.
- Convene and hold variation meetings and failure meetings, and prepare and issue Chairman’s Reports and log minutes of those meetings.
- Prepare and issue annual, final reports and completion certificates.
- Deal with queries from debtors, creditors, etc. promptly.
- Ensure data held on cases is correct and diary set up.
- Prepare dividend distributions.
- Maintain diary system and file notes.
- Liaise with creditors regarding the submission of
proofs of debt and adjudicate on claims.
- Keep up to date with legislation changes affecting
- Attend training courses applicable to the role, as and when the need arises.
- IVA Manager
- Insolvency Practitioner
- Interdependent departments
Education and Training:
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE level or equivalent
- Ideally we are looking for a talented graduate with a relevant degree passed at 2.1 level or above
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- 3 – 5 years’ of similar experience
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Ability to use computer systems such as Microsoft
- Office, Excel and insolvency-specific computer-based system.
- Knowledge of the Puritie system would be very beneficial
- Confident telephone manner.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
Ideally you will be able to keep on top of tasks and be organised. Success in the insolvency industry is very much dependent on being able to keep plates spinning and not drop them. You will be self-motivated and confident and have the desire to learn about law and practice surrounding personal insolvency. Effective communicator who can demonstrate high standards will also be one of your strengths.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 6.00pm, one day each week on a late 10.30 to 7.30 pm, Friday 9.00 am to 3.30pm total of 37.5 hrs per week.
Work is not all about what you do at your desk. Our offices are located in the centre of Manchester and within very close proximity are fitness gyms, pilates classes, great places to meet for a catch-up and a coffee. As regards your role:
- Gross Salary £23,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on experience
- Holidays – 22 days plus 8 public holidays
- Contribution Pension
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
Experienced debt advisor
We are looking for an experienced Debt Advisor with an easy and empathetic manner with clients. Leads will include hotkeys, good quality referrals from an associated entity who has a significant adwords campaign, plus leads from web and social media plus completed fact finds sent in by affiliates (mortgage brokers, IFA’s).
The Debt Advisor is a rapid growing business with a firm foothold in the IVA and Debt Management market. We are looking to expand the team in order to increase productivity in a number of roles. You will be results driven, passionate and demonstrate a professional approach to your work at all times. Compliance with standards and procedures is vital.